Choosing the best basketball shoes for wide feet and flat feet comes with its own share of fun and excitement, but it can a bit tiring and often only after multiple wrong pairs are you able to find the pair that suits you best.
The trial and error method might work in some cases, but in most cases, you might be left looking for the best basketball shoe for wide feet and flat feet for years.
As there are many top notch brands and many legends associated with these shoes, you might find all of them equally appealing and discover the minor variations after due time.
Here we make the experience simple for you and list our picks for the top 10 of them all. We also recommend the best basketball shoe for wide feet and flat feet, so if you are in a hurry, and find it difficult to tally all these together, you will still be able to make an informed choice.
Are You In A Hurry? Here are the Top 3 Picks for BEST BASKETBALL SHOES FOR WIDE FEET
After considering a lot of shoes from the very many brands that offer good basketball shoes for wide feet, we concluded that Nike LeBron 17 is our favorite.
It checks almost all the boxes of a dream basketball shoe for wide feet. It has one of the best tractions, cushioning, comfort, wide enough for the toes to fit in comfortably, is very lightweight, gives excellent stability and impact protection, and a complete lockdown.
Some may find it a bit on the pricy side, but there can be no denying that every penny that you spend on it is absolutely justified.
Given the only drawback of the Nike LeBron 17, if someone is looking for a similar basketball shoe that does not burn a hole in the pocket, we strongly recommend the Adidas Men’s Dame 5, a shoe that packs almost all the desirable features but is light on the pocket.
There is enough room for the feet, especially the toe, to feel comfortable and it best serves the purpose.
BEST BASKETBALL SHOE FOR FLAT FEET: OUR FAVOURITE
We did all the home work, so that you can simply select the best basketball show for your flat feet. Many brands do cater to this segment and even the greatest players have the condition of flat foot, but with the right shoes, they play like a beautiful dream. To us, the Adidas Harden Volume 4 Men’s Basketball Shoe steals the show of being the best basketball shoe for flat feet.
Upon wearing this, all your flat feet worry for the game will cease to exist. You will not only bid adieu to your feet aches, but also improve your game leaps and bounds. It is the best on court performer in this segment and has impeccable traction, comfort, light but great cushioning, is very light weight and gives very good support, impact protection and lockdown. When in doubt, you can safely go for Adidas Harden Volume 4 Men’s Basketball Shoe, and you shall not regret.
In-Depth Reviews Of the BEST BASKETBALL SHOES FOR WIDE FEET
1. Nike LeBron 17
This new addition to the LeBron series a favorite with many users. This true to size shoe is a perfect fit for all those who have wide flat feet. It is comfortable and has an excellent cushioning setup.
The Knitposite is an upgraded version of the Battleknit of the earlier editions and provides superior comfort.
- It is supremely light-weight.
- The traction is commendable.
- The heel to heel transitions is very smooth.
- It gives complete lockdown.
- The support and stability that provide are just what you desire.
- The impact protection is beyond perfection.
- The forefoot Zoom and Max Air units deserve a special mention.
However, owing to its superior traction and cushioning that gives extra protection and stability, some players feel that the court feel is hardly there. It also picks up dust rather quickly and is certainly expensive.
Taking all this into consideration, we would put the score of Nike LeBron 17 at 95%. If you do not have budgetary constraints, this is an ideal choice.
2. Adidas Own the Game
This basketball shoe for flat feet is another great contender at our list. These are comfortable and many users recommend these shoes to anyone with wide feet.
- This shoe by Adidas offers superior midsole cushioning with Adidas Cloudfoam.
- It provides great comfort.
- This is a light-weight shoe and has a plush feel.
- The combination of leather, mesh, and synthetic leather makes a case for breathability and durability.
- It offers a mid-top lockdown.
- It is extremely cheap when compared to other basketball shoes for flat feet.
Some users were of the opinion that the shoe would wear out after few rigorous games and that the traction and support is not very great either.
As per our expert evaluation, Adidas Own the Game scored 87%.
3. Nike Men’s Air Visi Pro VI
This reasonably priced shoe is one of the best basketball shoes for flat feet. The low top shoe is a favorite among most of its users because of innumerable features:
- It is super comfortable and looks great.
- The arch support sets it apart from several others.
- It has extremely breathable mesh, which, to some users, is very similar to wearing a sock instead of a shoe.
- Any cramps’ chances are eliminated even after long hours of play, all thanks to the herringbone pattern that flexes based on your movement.
- It is durable and would last longer than you would expect.
- The air pocket at the heel gives ample cushioning and support.
However, some users reported that the cushioning could have been better and the squeaky sound that it often makes might get annoying if there is no noise around.
Our Overall rate is 92%.
4. Adidas Performance Men’s Cloudfoam Ilation Mid Basketball Shoe
This high top shoe is another great basketball shoe from the house of Adidas.
The sock liner and midsole Cloudfoam technology keeps the shoe very breathable and provides superior cushioning.
- Ideal for wide feet because of the good toe room that it provides.
- It is lightweight, budget-friendly, and comes in a variety of colors.
- Has mid-cut design for ankle stability.
- Perforations on the side and top add to its breathability.
- Ideal for both indoor and outdoor playing as also for standing or walking for long hours.
- Leather and synthetic fabric combination provide durability.
Some users however complain that it is too squeaky and the outsole peels off way too fast- something that needs improvement. Also, the leather top often makes the shoe a bit too rigid.
Keeping its pros and cons in mind, we score Adidas Performance Men’s Cloudfoam Ilation Mid Basketball Shoe at 94%.
5. Adidas Original Kids’ Pro Spark 2018 K Basketball Shoes
This is undeniably one of the best basketball shoes for kids that is there in the market and is sure to keep them happy with the color options and performance.
- The Cloudfoam midsole provides ample cushioning and comfort.
- It is lightweight and comes in a variety of colors.
- The Ortholite sock liner and padded heel also addadd to the comfort level while also reducing heel and ankle pain instances.
- With rubber outsoles, the traction is also good.
- It is true to size and gives a wide fit.
- It is breathable with ample perforations.
- Durability is good, as well.
However, several users had complained that the insole is not properly attached to the shoe and often gets bundled up, posing some difficulty while playing.
Given all this, our experts give a score of 86% to Adidas Original Kids’ Pro Spark 2018 K Basketball Shoe.
6. Reebok Men’s Royal BB4500H XW Fashion Sneaker
This retro-looking sneaker that reminds one of the 90s’ tennis shoe is also a great basketball shoe for wide feet.
- It is high top with a mid-cut design
- It gives complete lockdown.
- It comes with an ortholite sock liner that you can remove at your convenience.
- The cushioning is commendable, which also provides ample strength needed for a hard landing.
- The rubber outsole gives just the right abrasion.
- Herringbone outsole flexes with your maneuvers, giving superior comfort.
- The leather and synthetic combo make it durable.
- It is perfect for outdoor play and open-air basketball games.
Though meant for wide feet, some users reported that it was not wide enough and they had to purchase wider ones than they originally wear.
Having taken everything into consideration, we give Reebok Men’s Royal BB4500H XW Fashion Sneaker a score of 86%.
7. Adidas Men’s Dame 5
This is a strong contender for best basketball shoe for wide feet and flat feet. Available in a variety of colour options, many users said it was he best in their experience.
- The herringbone heel to toe traction is probably its best feature.
- There is enough ankle room, and it does not impede motions in any way.
- It is lightweight and has a plush feel.
- The cushioning is very good and has certainly improved than Dame 4. But some users feel that the court feel is comparatively less.
- The knitted sock-like support gives superior comfort.
- It gives good stability, and it also has ample strength.
- It is available in 2 options- leather and mesh, but the look of either is not that premium. It is true to size for wide feet, but for regular ones, you will need ½ size down.
Adidas Men’s Dame 5 is a good basketball shoe for wide feet and our experts gave a score of 93%.
8. Adidas Men’s Harden Stepback Basketball Shoes
This shoe from the house of Adidas is great if you have longer feet and are looking for extra court feels.
- The cushioning is less, so you get a lot of ‘court feel’ if you are looking for one.
- It is considered stable.
- This affordable shoe comes in a variety of color options.
- It is very lightweight.
Some users however reported that the insoles often bunched up and the impact protection was just not enough as the cushioning was far lesser than one would expect.
Given the pros and cons, our experts give it a score of 82%.
9. Fila Men’s F-13 (Leather/ Synthetic) Fashion Sneakers
This retro looking sneaker from the house of Fila gives the look and feel of a 90’s shoes and if you are looking for one, you might consider this as well.
- This mid-top shoe is surprisingly affordable.
- It is available in a variety of color options.
- It has ample cushioning and is very comfortable, even for wearing long hours.
- The rubber soles ensure proper grip and are good for outdoor matches.
- The ankle protection strap gives good protection.
- The leather or the synthetic leather both provide a good closed top.
While some users found their feet getting sweaty rather quickly others say it is good enough for them and they would prefer wearing this while playing.
Our in-house experts, after taking user feedback into consideration, gave Fila Men’s F-13 (Leather/ Synthetic) Fashion Sneakers a score of 85%.
10. Under Armour Men’s UA Clutchfit Drive II
This mid top basketball shoe offers a wide range of colours to choose from and is reasonably priced.
Most users loved the traction and regarded it as the best feature as it makes all kinds of manoeuvre possible.
- It provides enough stability and good lockdown.
- It is considerably durable.
- The cushion is also good, especially if you are a guard.
- The upper and ankle collar is thickly padded, and the insole is UA’s Micro G, thus giving a sock-like feel.
- It is very much responsive, and guards would love it especially well.
However, owing to the thick padding, some users found it heating up rather too quickly. It was not very breathable and not light either.
Our experts gave Under Armour Men’s UA Clutchfit Drive II, a score of 89% based on all the user reviews.
Updated on 2021-09-13 / This Article may have Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API